The Netherlands is an excellent study destination for any would be international student, and Radboud University should be considered by any student looking for a good, affordable degree in Europe, as we looked at previously. This is especially true of Radboud University’s Masters programmes.
Here, we will be taking a closer look at two Masters degrees that Radboud offer: Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Mechanisms of Disease, which, as part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, offer you the best preparation available for a future career in research, consultancy or communication.
Are you a visionary that wants to solve healthcare issues in the lab and in the field, to minimise the impact of diseases for humans and humankind? Do you have a bachelor’s degree in biology, biomedical sciences or a related area? If the answer to these questions is yes, then these degrees might just be for you.
To discover more about Radboud and its Faculty of Medical Sciences, please fill in the form below to speak with a Radboud representative.
Two-Year Msc Degrees
Radboud University is particularly known for its cutting-edge research institutes, which include the Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, the Donders Centre for Medical Neuroscience and the Radboud Institute for Health Sciences.
Molecular Mechanisms of Disease is a highly selective Masters degree with a focus on research, for those hoping to become researchers or continue with a PhD in the field of molecular and cellular biology.
Biomedical Sciences is a broader degree, with opportunities to design the programme how you see fit, dependent on your interest in the level of molecule, man or population and with a choice of three career profiles; research, communication, consultancy. The tracks available to choose from for this degree includes:
- Clinical human movement sciences
- Drug Safety and Toxicology
- Health Technology Assessment
- Immunology and host defence
- Medical Neuroscience
- Molecular Medicine
The freedom with Biomedical Sciences allows you to choose from any of these tracks, or combine two, depending on your preference.
Unique Course Benefits
With these courses, you can specialise in your own specific field of interest and work with a research team in which you will have daily contact with established researchers, one of whom will be your mentor.
- Focus on translational research – from bench to bedside -, as both programmes are set in the hospital.
- Boost your CV by doing two internships, abroad if you prefer. Radboud’s students are highly sought-after, adding internships at institutions such as Oxford and Cambridge to their résumés.
- Obtain a prestigious scholarship for your Master’s, and/or a PhD grant afterwards.
- Enroll at a high ranking university – Top 200 in international rankings and the best comprehensive university in the Netherlands with some programmes rated as ‘Top programme’.
- Live in Nijmegen, the oldest city in the Netherlands, with a rich social and cultural life. Housing will be provided, or assisted with.
- Enjoy the exceptional campus with its free Dutch language courses, libraries, modern research facilities, advanced sports centre, multiple pubs, restaurants, shops and a theatre.
- Join the orientation week, introduction weekend, social events and buddy project to make the most of your experience!
The Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Mechanisms of Disease Msc degrees are highly prestigious and celebrated programmes. If you would like to know more about them, or about Radboud University in general, please fill in the form below.