The UK is the home of English, but that's not the only reason to come and study the language here with our friendly native speakers. Here's a few more to think about:
1. The UK has the largest range of English language courses in the world.You can study IELTS or General English – or English with law, football, art and design, flying an aeroplane, fashion, graphic design, horse-riding, tennis...the list is endless. You can even learn by making radio programmes, learning to be a TV presenter, or in London’s museums and art galleries. Find your perfect course here.
Image 1 - If History and Science are your thing, the Natural History Museum and its impressive Dinosaurs exhibition deserve an extended visit during your study stay in the UK.
2. British qualifications are internationally recognised and valued. They will boost your career and your salary, no matter where you work.
3. The UK has some of the best English teaching centres in the world. Whether you choose a university, a state college or a privately-run centre, you'll find the latest teaching methods as well as traditional techniques. More than 470 of the best providers are English UK members -- look for our logo for reassurance.
4. You can live with a friendly family, in a student residence, or private accommodation. Your course provider will help you make the right choice.
5. Studying in Britain is great value for money without compromising on quality.
6. The UK is a great place to visit... Grand ceremonies, like the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, are open to everyone – and so is an evening in a cosy British pub. International students find a very warm welcome here, and tell us how friendly British people are. We also have a brilliant nightlife and music and social scene, which often leads the world -- come and join in the fun!
7. ...and a fantastic place to explore. We have beautiful landscapes, great museums, lively cities and colourful history, all within easy travelling distance.
Image 2 - Portland Bill Lighthouse, on the South West of England, is located within a coastal region known as "Jurassic Coast".
8. Our cities are the most cosmopolitan on Earth.... Study here and you’ll make friends and sample food from all over the world.
9. ...but it's also a very safe place to study.
10. Studying English in the UK raises your chances of getting a university place here. Almost 60 per cent of international students who successfully apply to UK universities are already studying here, usually on English language or international foundation year courses.
Find out more detail about our quality schools here.
Source: English UK